Robotic Palletizing starting at $70,000
Why Robotics Palletizing?
Ah, palletizing – the art of stacking products on a pallet in a way that won’t lead to a game of Jenga during transportation. It’s all about finding that perfect balance between weight and stability. While manual labor was once the go-to for this task, automated systems are now stepping up to the plate. Let’s just hope they don’t become self-aware and start palletizing us humans. Could you imagine being stacked on a pallet and shipped off to a warehouse? Yikes! But I digress – palletizing is an essential step in the logistics supply chain, ensuring products arrive at their destination in one piece. Let’s give a round of applause to all the palletizing experts out there, both manual and automated!
Reducing Labor Costs & Increasing Value
When you consider the challenges related to finding workers for physically demanding, repetitive jobs, the benefits to integrating a robotic palletizer become very clear. Let’s compare manual labor with robotic labor.
- Average hourly rate of $16-$24, and rising
- Requires management staff
- Third shift is paid more and overtime is extra
- Labor shortage & labor turnover
- Operating costs for robots range from $0.15 to $1.50 per hour
- Requires minor oversight
- No premium for night shift or overtime
- Smoke breaks, lunches, sick time, vacation are typically built into work schedule
- Robots don’t take vacations, lunch, or smoke breaks
- A study found that 23% of all unplanned downtime in manufacturing is the result of human error
- Properly programmed robots deliver consistent standards including stack patterns, products per load, and load integrity
- Proven quality control improvements
- 3.5 out of every 100 full-time workers are injured on the job
- Robots don’t get hurt or file insurance claims
- Typical workers get 2-3 weeks paid time off
- Hiring and recruiting costs can be quite high
- Robots require minimal maintenance and incur little cost when not in operation
- Robot supply is predictable and cost-effective
Use this calculator to determine the cost savings you can expect to receive from using a robotic palletizer over manual labor.
How Vancouver Automation can help you ?
Hey there, fellow automation enthusiast! We know that efficient material handling is the key to success, whether you’re dealing with heavy-duty equipment or a bunch of delicate robots. At Vancouver Automation, we’ve partnered with the best in the game, like Robert Bosch, to make sure your setup runs like a well-oiled machine. We’ve got all sorts of nifty solutions up our sleeves, from power and free conveyors to feeders and hoppers, and everything in between. Plus, with our verification devices, you’ll have precision control over every step of the assembly process. Say goodbye to costly downtime and damage, and hello to seamless automation with Vancouver Automation!